Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I am a Daffodil

Friday I was feeling very burdened by troubles and fears. It's been a rough year financially, and I allowed it to all come down on me. I kept crying, and feeling hopeless. It was a snowy, cold day.

When I came home from work, my head down, my heart aching, I looked over to our little flower garden. The tulips have yet to bloom, but all the way to the left were the daffodils which had already bloomed. They looked like how I felt, downtroden, affected by the elements, and ready to give it up.

Sunday, when I came home from church, there had been a little bit of sunshine, some light in the dark and dreariness. As I walked up the steps to enter our home, my eyes once again looked to the left to the daffodils. They had responded to the little bit of light and their heads were upward and they looked like they might just make it!

I thought about how I went to church amidst my sadness and fear and felt the light of the gospel shared through others testimonies, my wonderful youth Sunday School class, and the Relief Society lesson. I, like the daffodils, had responded to light, my head held higher, feeling hope that I too will make it!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love you analogies. What a wise wonderful, woman you are. I hope things start looking up all around. Love you!

Julia Allen said...

vitamin P is Prozac. I was on it for years, somewhat because of Seasonal Affective disorder, and some because of post partum depression. Now that I'm done having babies, I've gone off. but the seasonal affective disorder is still around so I'm learning to deal with it.

Amy said...

I leave comments as Julia constantly!! I need to start checking first:)